Monday, October 3, 2011

Another week

Been pretty busy since I restarted the blog. Tammy has been a blur out in the kitchen canning and drying the last of the garden stuff. Lots of tomatoes are in, she made up a few quarts of apple pie filling and we done 2 dryer loads of celery. Still have almost a bushel of apples to do, another load of celery, a load or so of carrots, and will have to see how her dried tomatoes turn out.
I've been helping a neighbor tile a few rooms in his new house. This weekend I ran the electric netting around and made a pasture for the goats. Then proceeded to fork out the accumulation of manure and bedding in their pen. I have 7 loads done and maybe one more to go.
Tammy spent yesterday afternoon working on fencing in a new pen for her piggies. Basically she did the garden and will let them run through there for a couple of weeks. I believe they will go away the 18th.
Today I am going to cut some hay. We look to have a week of good weather and it would be nice to get a third crop of the new seeding.

No comments:

Post a Comment